Apr 8, 2009

I have been diagnosed with ATOXIDROME (Adam Overdose)

INTERVIEW WITH ADAM LAMBERT :

You seem to have changed your look from your first audition. Now you're dressing more like a rock star. What prompted the makeover?
ADAM LAMBERT: Obviously we were waiting around all day at the audition, so I wanted to
stay comfortable. For the performance, that was my chance to present myself, so of course I upped the fashion a little bit and put on something a little funkier.

You were an understudy in the LA production of the musical Wicked. Did you get tips from your theatre pals on the hair, makeup and clothes?
No, actually when I started Wicked, all the other kids looked at me like I was a freak because I was dressed like that in rehearsal. This has always been my style. The stuff you see me wear on Idol is really my daily street wear.

Simon thought your 'Satisfaction' performance was brilliant in parts and excruciating
in others. How do you respond to that?

Well [as I said] on air, I guess that's kind of music in general-you either love it or you don't.
Obviously I'm a risk taker; I'm not [in the] easy listening [category]. I like to kind of blow it out
the box, and either you like it or you don't.

But will you tone down your performance over the course of the season?
I'm not planning on wailing at the top of my lungs every week; I think the audience would grow tired of that. I intend to make it interesting by varying up the mood and style of the songs that I'm singing week to week.

Simon has criticized you for being "too theatrical". Given your background, is that tough to hear?
I take the theatrical comment as a compliment. Simon makes it seem derogatory, but when you think about, in the pop-music scene right now, a lot of big artists are taking a very theatrical route. There's lots of camp and costumes, so I think it's time for something like that.

Your look and style, even your voice, is unlike what we're used to seeing on Idol. Going into the competition, did you think you could use that to your advantage?
Yes, I've been watching the show for years and I hadn't really seen anybody [like me before].
I do think I have an advantage, because [my look] is different to some of the other contestants.
I think the more individual an artist is, the better the chances are of garnering a fan base.

You were given a lot of screen time during the auditions. Do you think that helped win you a spot in the Top 12?
Of course it helped. It exposed me to more people and they got to hear me talk, hear my opinions and so they felt like they got to know me. I'm really thankful to the producers for featuring me in such a way.

Do you think some viewers are swayed by a singer's personal story, like the death of Danny Gokey's wife or Michael Sarver's blue-collar background?
I think it does make a difference. It allows the audience to empathize with that person, especially when you go on stage and sing a certain number. If they can relate to the song, and feel like you're relating to the song based on your own personal experiences, then that really evokes quite a reaction from the audience.

The judges have praised you for your vocal range. Is there one style of music you're scared to take on?
You know I'm kind of competitive and I like challenges, so I don't think there is anything I'd be scared to attempt. Country music would obviously be a slight stretch for me. But we'll see what the judges think.

Whose musical career do you admire?
I think David Bowie has been a really cool artist. He has reinvented himself [over the years] and taken a ton of risks, in terms of his visual, lyrical and musical styles. Obviously vocally we're very different, but I think we have some similarities. Someone like that is a great model for me.


Why did you audition for Idol? After all, you already had a successful career in musical theatre.
The cool thing is that Idol is finally allowing me to be myself. Now I get to finally sing the kind of music that I like to listen to. I mean, I don't listen to show tunes in my spare time, I can assure you. The musical theater experience was just a way to pay the bills. I mean, we all have to have a job, right?

**** (Y..T...) has lots of clips of you performing at different events. Do you think that presence on the Internet will help your chances?
I think any exposure is good exposure. I know that there are a lot of **** (Y..T...clips of me, but I think that it's been helpful because it's allowed viewers to see me take on various styles.

Do you read the comments from **** (Y..T...)users?
Yes, here and there. I try not to dwell on it too much; I need to kind of keep my head in the game. I have seen things here or there, and it does help. I don't take anything personally and I try to remain as objective as possible. But it's like market research in a way; it really helps you find out what the fans think.

Why did you choose 'Satisfaction' for your first performance show?
I wanted something that was classic rock that everybody would know and could follow the melody. Then I wanted to turn it around midway through and kind of break it down my own way. Plus, my mother is a huge Rolling Stones fan, and wanted to give her a little nod. I knew she was going to be there and I thought that would be kind of fun.

If you were going into a studio tomorrow to make an album, what would it be like?
That's really difficult for me because I like so many different styles. Picking one singular genre wouldn't apply. I'd try to fuse a couple of different vibes together. Definitely there would be elements of rock and pop, as well as some electronic music and funk. So I hope it'd have a little bit of everything.

sorry,
kalau post gue belakangan ini isinya tentang dia semua ya haha

0 komentar: